“The virtues of donations are great, because it helps the needy and at the same time it gives an opportunity to the donor to give the surplus to the people in need ” - Sama Veda

Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

RICE FLOUR AND URAD DHAL POWDER


BASE FLOUR FOR MOST OF THE BAKSHANAMS:

RICE FLOUR:

1. Wash and soak raw rice in water for 15-20 minutes. Drain well and spread it on a clean, white cloth for 15 minutes. Grind it in a flour mill to a fine powder or can be done at home using the mixie. When done in a mixie sieve well. (OR)
2. Rawrice can be powdered in a flour mill without soaking in water.

The bakshanams come out well in the 1st method.

URAD DHAL POWDER:

Dry roast1/2 kg. whole white urad dhal till golden brown and when cool powder it in a mixie and sieve well.

5 comments :

  1. This is something new which I have learnt from you.I will try it.
    I like the background of your blog.I was thinking to create a new blog with scenery background so it will be very helpful if you can tell me how you have done the background or if you know about pyzam templates then please tell me how to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Babli, I am starting to post Krishna Jayanthi Bakshanams. This is a start. That's all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent....iam waitingfor friday....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be following your receipe aunty this time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be following your receipe this time :) thanks aunty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit and valuable comments.