“The virtues of donations are great, because it helps the needy and at the same time it gives an opportunity to the donor to give the surplus to the people in need ” - Sama Veda

Search This Blog

Monday, October 19, 2009

GINGER PACHADI

INGREDIENTS:

Ginger - 2" piece
Coconut scraped - 1/4 cup
Green chilly - 1
Salt- as per taste
Curd - 1 or 2 cups
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp.
Urad dhal - 1/2 tsp.
Hing
Oil - 1 tsp.

METHOD:

Wash the ginger well. Peel out the skin. Chop it and grind it in a mixie alongwith chilly, coconut and salt. Transfer it to a bowl, add curd to it and mix well . If too thick, mix some more curd. Season with mustard seeds, urad dhal and hing. Spicy, ginger pachadi is ready.

13 comments :

  1. Pachadi is ma all time fav curry. Never tried pachadi with ginger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great shanthi and I am sure tastes as good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A different pachadi...looks very thick

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am saving this for winter Shanthi.Looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the zing of ginger.Will try this pachchidi for sure...naalaikkae!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I make a similar one with cucumber.. haven't tried it with ginger though, but I'm tempted to try it immediately :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. inji pachadi yella kuzhambu, vatral kuzhambu udan romba nanna irukum.My favourite is inji in all forms.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yummy pachadi..My mom makes it..but i have never tried it..

    ReplyDelete
  9. After all those diwali goodies,we all need this !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Shanthi -- I just made this for my TN husband and he loves loves it. Great blog thank you for the recipe. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  11. CHAITANYO'S HUSBAND: Thank you so much for sharing your recipe. I am a Tamil Christian and really enjoy sensitive vegetarian cooking without garlic and onions. I particularly love Tamil Brahmin cooking and this is the first time I have cooked it in my house. So thank you very very much!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit and valuable comments.