“The virtues of donations are great, because it helps the needy and at the same time it gives an opportunity to the donor to give the surplus to the people in need ” - Sama Veda

Search This Blog

Sunday, November 15, 2009

PALADA PRADHAMAN


INGREDIENTS: 

Palada(readymade) - 1 ladle
Milk - 1 ltr.
Cardamom powdered - 1/2 tsp.
Sugar - 2 1/2 ladles
Cashews(optional)
Ghee - 1 tsp.

METHOD:

Wash the ada well and drain out the water.

Soak the ada in hot water for half an hour. Strain completely and again wash in cold water, strain and keep aside.

Boil milk in a heavy- bottomed pan. (I used pressure cooker).

Simmer and add the ada gently into the milk and stir continuously without any lumps. Allow it to boil again.

Stir frequently till the milk reduces to half. By this time, the ada will be cooked and soft.

Now add sugar and stir continuously till the milk is thick.

Add the powdered cardamoms and ghee.

Serve hot or cold. Both will taste good.

22 comments :

  1. very tempting...can we make palada at home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a great palada fan, and i wished i was there Would like to finish rite now...looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats new to me, never heard abt palada...whts that?? but looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely bowl of Palada Pradhaman, looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious and mouthwatering palada...

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pal ada pradhaman looks very tempting.I would like to have it in a cup right away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice palada.....my kids fav payasam.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so tempting.. Never had this since a long time!! Should check out if I get this readymade ada here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delicious and prefect pradhamam....tooo yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow.. pradhamam looks perfect and super delicious dear!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have heard about this dish though I've never tried it before...thanks for sharing this lovely dessert :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am not sure what palada is but it looks just delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!..looks delicious.Must taste yum.Your family is lucky to get that bowl to themselves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ,

      Its simply superb ... I am new to this Iyengar samaiyal ... learning a lot from your site for my husband ... superb ... :-)

      Delete
  14. lovely payasam. looks so yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The name itself makes my mouth watering..my fav

    ReplyDelete
  16. Droolworthy pic Shanthi ji! Its been ages since I had this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds too gud,i hav to look for these adas here,want to try out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi can u please explain what's an ada? congrats on ur 200th post.

    ReplyDelete
  19. please give recipes in Tamil too

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just now had from my neighbor.. it was yumm.. Urs is looking the same :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit and valuable comments.